how does a queue stop the thread?

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Wed Apr 21 06:00:42 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 7:36 PM, kaiix <kvn.hou at gmail.com> wrote:
> before i wrote the email, i've already read the python docs carefully.
> i need the proof from code, i mean python source code. i tried to
> prove some of my assumptions that lead the loop quit, and i traced
> back to Queue.py, threading.py, dummy_thread.py, now i need some hints
> to help me understanding the sample from python source code.

You would need to look into the source code of
python's builtin 'thread' module which is the low-level
threading implementation used by python's 'threading'
module (which is a wrapper atop this).

'threading' aside from everything else it does, really in the
end calls thread.start_new_thread(...)

cheers
James