Hi, friends. I wanna ask if there is a function which is able to take a list as argument and then return its top-k maximums?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Apr 23 10:02:00 EDT 2010

On 2010-04-22, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:04:01 +0100
> Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
>> > So please tell me if there is one or not. I really need this soon.
>> > Appreciate a lot.
>>
>> Assuming top-k doesn't mean something obscurely statistical:
>
> You really shouldn't do people's homework for them.  It doesn't do
> them any favours.

Doing people's homework for them is a survival mechanism -- it reduces
the competence of potential new rivals.  :)

OTOH, if you do end up working with one of those a new grads with a
diploma but not a clue, you end up worse off because now you have to
teach them the problem solving skills they didn't learn in school.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I just had a NOSE
                                  at               JOB!!