[python-uk] Python in finance (was Re: London Python Roles)

Dan Fairs dan.fairs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 16:45:03 CET 2010

> It's popular as a repacement for Perl, for example in batch automation. I've also used it for reporting: its excellent ability to interface to libraries means you can drive Excel (or most things .Net) from Python. I even used it to link to Bloomberg once, creating a framework to get the data to test some finanical models.

In my previous life in financials, Python was being used due to the ease of embedding it in other systems, and presenting a simple Python 'macro' language to users. Can't say much more I'm afraid...

It was also used on the web side internally.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Fairs | dan.fairs at gmail.com | www.fezconsulting.com