[python-uk] Tell us what you did with Python this year....

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 12:46:09 CET 2010

Hey ya,

Enjoyed many London python dojos... and learnt a number of little tips from
there, and met a bunch of london python people.  That was probably the
highlight of 2010 python involvement for me.

Started writing a shit JavaScript interpreter (very early stages). ** Wrote
a minimal new content management system(html as well as images, video,
twitter, events and facebook related content).  Did some billing software
stuff.  Started on a website library... pywebsite.  ** Helped make a few
mini games(including woger the wibbly wobbly wombat with a group from the
london dojo).  Wrote a few tools to help with the pygame website (which is
still mostly php).  ** Helped port a few things to py3k.  Did a bunch of
packaging improvements to a few libraries of mine, and some open source.  **
Made some improvements to have python bindings for portmidi incorporated
into the portmidi version control... as pyportmidi.  ** Two video
performances using pygame, numpy etc.  A lot of that was using python to
prepare/collect the data to display.  ** worked on reducing memory used by
python app servers(so I can run lots more little python apps on my cheap,
low memory servers).

Well, that's all I'm allowed to talk about now (it's not really interesting
stuff under NDA anyway).

cu.