[python-win32] Problem Controlling Internet Explorer

Rick Kaye rick@kaye.to
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 01:07:28 -0500

> > IE=Dispatch("InternetExplorer.Application")
> > while IE.Busy:
> >         pass
>
> This is pretty evil - you will be chewing 100% of CPU.  At least put a
> "sleep()" in.
>
> Better, you should use IE events - see win32com\test\testExplorer.py

Agreed. As soon as I get this working, I will clean up the code.

> >                     window.open("/test2.html");
>
> Does a fully-qualified URL work?  It may be that the "current drive" is
> different in the 2 cases.
>
> Mark.

I don't think this is it. I tried a fully-qualified URL and it didn't work.
I also switched the javascript function to window.navigate("/test2.html");
and it found test2.html with no problem.