[python-win32] How to view Enumerated COM objects?

Nate Gelbard gelbardn at tripwire.com
Fri Nov 7 19:13:05 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to make Excel batch process a bunch of XLS files into CSV. I
have the basic operation working, but when the file already exists, a
dialog pops up with 'Do you want to replace this file? Yes/No/Cancel.'

I see the excel.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs method has a ConflictResolution
variable I can set
(and am guessing this var affects that dialog box), but I don't know
what to set it to.

How can I take any COM objects and gets a list of all the expected
constants?
I tried the PythonWin COM browser but didn't get good answer.
I bought the Python win32 book but am still trolling its pages.

Any pointers?
thanks

--( Nate Gelbard, QA Engineer
--( Tripwire, Inc., The Integrity Assurance Company