[python-win32] how to load 2 python COM DLLs in single app?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Oct 23 03:21:01 CEST 2004

> Sorry.
> With Python 2.3.4 + py2exe 0.5.3 i get MSVC++ runtime error -
> looks like
> assert

Hmmm.  That is strange.  py2exe 0.5.4 has the deadlock fix, but its not at
all clear they are the same problem.

> I would prefer to work with installer because with py2exe i
> get a crash in the app using these servers.

I'm afraid I don't do any work with installer - py2exe has been successfully
used by me for a number of complex products (but not without a number of
(ongoing) tweaks - hence a thread-state deadlock was only fixed recently).
I did use installer before, but seemed to have a bit of trouble getting
patches in, so switched to py2exe where I didn't have that problem.

Mark