[python-win32] polling values from physical sensors

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Jul 7 00:36:23 CEST 2005

> I'm currently trying to write service in python (prototyping),
> this service will, ideally, poll physical sensors (such as temperature
sensor,
> light sensor,...) to get range of values. I want to write it on a Win32
platform.
> But, My problem is: I don't have any idea of the necessary hardware and,
> never the less, I don't know which python/win32 module I will have to use
> in order to communicate with those sensor.

You will need to answer this question without considering Python - eg, how
would you talk to the hardware from *any* language.  I assume it depends on
the specific sensors.  Once you can answer that question, we can help you
apply the solution to Python - it is quite likely you would need to use the
ctypes module for this, but you need to answer that generic question first.

Mark