[python-win32] Task Scheduler

kimwaic888-pythonwin32@yahoo.com kimwaic888-pythonwin32 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 19:50:35 CEST 2005

Hello list,

I am having trouble working with the Windows XP Task
Scheduler.  I know this might not be exactly a
PythonWin32 question because as I searched the web for
clue on how I can control the Task Scheduler using
PythonWin32, nobody appears to know.  The one message
I found suggested using the CLI program schtasks.exe.
The program with that program is that it prompts you
with questions like "Is this okay?" and unlike other
cls programs, it doesn't have a "shut-up" flag.

There is also a at.exe program which is suppose to
have been replaced by the schtasks.exe.  It's a lot
simpler then schtasks.exe and doesn't prompt you for
anything - it simply creates a simplified task object
in the Scheduler folder for you.  However, when the
time come to execute, nothing happens.

Does anybody know of any other way to interact with
the Scheduler?  Hopefully, this is something that can
be accessed from Pythonwin32, rather then through the
CLI programs.

Regards,

--
John