[python-win32] Reading custom output parameters fromLabVIEW/Acti veX

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Nov 8 23:31:55 CET 2005

> So the new question is: how do you create a 1D array of variants
> in python?
> >From what I've read this is normally handled behind the scenes by
> PythonCom...?

That's correct - just pass a list or tuple.  However, that is rarely the
complete answer - what *type* of variant should be in the array?  Since you
only received this error when you changed to Missing, it appears LabView
*is* seeing the real param as an array of variants, as it does not return
this specific error.

Sadly there is no easy way to explicitly specify the exact variant type,
other than using InvokeTypes.

Mark