[python-win32] Using COM to automate Powerpoint w/ password protection

Peter Gunnarsson peter.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 22:26:54 CET 2006

Hi,
I'm using pythoncom and win32com to automate Powerpoint via COM.

It works like charm until I try to open a password protected file. My
program is supposed to run as a service in the background and will stop if a
password dialog appear.

How can I prevent the password dialog from showing?

For VB, MSDN writes:
"To avoid the dialog box, provide a value for the *Password* argument when
calling the *Open* method."

This sounds nice but how do I provide a password to the
application.Presentations.Open method in python? The method I'm using only
got four parameters like this: open(filename, readonly, <some boolean>,
<some boolean>)

Is there an other way to call this method so that I can provide custom
parameters such as password?

BR,
Peter Gunnarsson