[python-win32] Pythoncom error

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Mar 16 00:07:06 CET 2006

> Hello,
> I'm stress testing an application I have written using the Python Asp
> bindings, on occasions I get an ASP 0147 error (Internal Server
> Error), In the IIS logs it manifests itself as a c0000005 trapable
> error.

That sounds like an Access Violation is happening - which probably is *not*
directly related to the error below:

>   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\axdebug\adb.py",
> line 262, in CloseApp
>     self.appEventConnection.Disconnect()
>   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\connect.py",
> line 41, in Disconnect
>     self.cp.Unadvise(self.cookie)

This error is specific to the debugger support.  It would be safe to change
line 262 of abd.py from:

     self.cp.Unadvise(self.cookie)
to:
     try:
         self.cp.Unadvise(self.cookie)
     except pythoncom.com_error:
         pass

That *should* get you into the debugger OK - but it probably does not get
you much closer to the original error.

Another thing to try:
* Change to win32comext\axscript\client
* execute "pyscript.py --debug"
* Start Pythonwin, and open the Tools -> Remote Collector Debugging Tool
* Restart your app.

You should see *lots* of stuff being spewed to Pythonwin as your app runs.
When you app finally dies, the tail of this log might be interesting - eg,
any tracebacks being displayed, or any evidence of death *inside* Python
etc.

Mark