[python-win32] Problem in accessing the Sender and Receiver addresses of an outlook mail

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Dec 4 19:15:19 CET 2008

venu madhav wrote:

> I am using Exchange server and partial code is given below
> message = inbox.Messages.Item(11)
> objRecip = message.Recipients.Item(1)
> typ = objRecip.AddressEntry.Type
> print " the type of address "
> print typ
>
> Its output is
>  the type of address
> EX
> Please let me know if I can provide you any other information.

Yep, you have a native Exchange address.  The message does not contain
the SMTP address, because Exchange doesn't use that for delivery.  If
you really need the SMTP address for this person, you will have to go
look it up in the Exchange address book using the address you got.
Here's an article from microsoft.public.platformsdk.mapi that talks a
little about this:
    *http://tinyurl.com/6mfqqo*

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com