[python-win32] Walking the registry and creating reg files

Dahlstrom, Roger rdahlstrom at directedge.com
Sat Dec 6 03:43:36 CET 2008

OK - so if I'm correct in understanding this, let's say hypothetically, I have something like so...

HKLM...
        something
                something else
                something else
                something else

If I were to use my operation, and export the entire tree, I would get a copy of the above, but then if someone modified it such that there were four "something else"s, and I merged my copy back in, the end result would be the same four "something else"s, while with your method, I would end up with the original three?  Is that right?