[python-win32] Pythonwin starts, displays main window, interactive window 'frame', then exits

John_Nowlan john_nowlan at carleton.ca
Thu Dec 11 17:24:55 CET 2008

Sorry to intrude, but I'm hoping this is something stupid. Has anyone
seen this behaviour and know of a fix?

I've searched hi & low, but its hard to find specific info on pythonwin.

The only things that have changed are I installed some oracle software
and ran some of the samples. Could that have led to something that is
causing this? Everything was working fine before.

The docs do mention dll problems, could there be a dll 'clash'

Windows 2000 sp4
Python 2.6
Pythonwin 212

Btw, I love the simplicity of this ide. Simple but powerful.