[python-win32] IEControler and Navigate method

Romain Gilles romain.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 23:12:21 CET 2008

No I have found something but I don't know if it is the reason ;)
When I'm opening a IE with the classique dispatch technique :
ie = Dispatch("InternetExplorer.Application")
ie.Navigate("http://www.google.fr")
A new IE is created
but if I do it like this:
ie = Dispatch("InternetExplorer.Application")
ie.Navigate('file:///C:/PathToAnExistingFile')
In this case it works.
When I create the IE within a subprocess and give him a default target URL
and them go to google it does not create a new window:
subprocess.call(['C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe', '
http://toto'])
ie = lookup('http://toto')
ie.Navigate('http://www.google.fr')
In this case it works also.
It is look like if the Initial IE creation needs to have the same scheme...
???

Any Ideas ?

Thanks,
Romain.