[python-win32] Py2exe and win32com.shell

Tejovathi P tejovathi.p at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:18:28 CEST 2008

Hi all...

I created an exe for my application. While generating the exe, py2exe
reports that win32com.shell module is not found and continues generating
exe.
When I try to run the exe, I get an import error that "No module named
shell".......

I opened pythonwin and tried importing wincom.shell. Its working
fine.....!!!!! Then where am I doing wrong....

My setup file looks like:

#Start here
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(options = {"py2exe": {"compressed": 1,
                          "optimize": 2,
                          "ascii": 1,
                          "bundle_files": 1}},
    zipfile = None,