[python-win32] VARIANT as byref parameter

martin.prochnow at team6-kg.de martin.prochnow at team6-kg.de
Tue Sep 16 15:10:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to call a COM-function which first parameter is a reference to a VARIANT. The COM object that contains this function supports early-bound automation over MakePy.

The corresponding C-code  is:

LONG lValue;
lValue = plQueryNote->GetVarSize();
LPBYTE buff = new BYTE[lValue];
VARIANT varData;
varData.vt = VT_BYREF;
varData.byref = buff;
plQueryNote->ReadVarBlock(&varData,0,lValue);

I have no idea how to define the VARIANT and how to pass it as byref-style-parameter in python with win32com. I found no documentation for a problem like this in the web. It would be great if someone could help me.

Regards,
Martin