[python-win32] Win32 Python Extensions Outlook.ApplicationQuestion

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Sep 17 15:58:36 CEST 2008

Vaidyanathan, Pramod wrote:
> Thanks Tim,
>
> Unfortunately my resutls are still as follows.  I still have question
> mark characters.  Is it possibly a microsoft outlook versioning issue?
>
> u' \xbe \xbc \xbd \xbd \xbd \xbd\r\n\xbe \xbc \xbd \xbd \xbd \xbd
> \xbd\r\n\xbe \xbc\r\n\xbe \xbc
> \r\n
> \r\n? \r\n? \xbd ? \xbe\r\n'

Must admit I'm mystified, if that's the result of running the
code I gave. You're clearly getting a unicode object, so the
only reason there should be question mark characters in there
would be if the text contained question mark characters. You
haven't done any kind of encoding for unknown-replacement to
occur.

To confirm: that output above is the result of doing:

print repr (message.Body)

Anyone else got any ideas?

TJG