[python-win32] pywin32 documentation wiki

le dahut le.dahut at laposte.net
Wed Feb 17 19:07:00 CET 2010

Hi,

I've joined a file containing :
* mytestservice_handlerex.py
and :
* mytestservice_isenslogon.py
* isenslogon.py

You can install them with command line (python.exe must be in your %PATH%) :
  'mytestservice_isenslogon.py --interactive --startup=auto install'
or
  'mytestservice_handlerex.py --interactive --startup=auto install'

Be aware that those 2 methods are asynchronous. This means that user may
have its desktop (taskbar, etc.) ready while the service doesn't have
finish its logon() method.

For example, I use it to tune user environment (hide drives, disable
control panel, etc.). After that explorer.exe must be killed and
restarted for changes to take effect.

A better way could be to modify userinit reg key to make it call an app
that waits for the service to achieve its work and only then execute
userinit.exe :
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\UserInit

Tim, maybe you want to copy/paste those files and comments on your website ?

Ron, I hope this will help you.

Cheers,
Klaas