[python-win32] File name and version as dictionary key value

Aravind Kamble arvind.kamble at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:25:34 CEST 2012

Hi All,

Hope I am posting in correct mailing list. Am facing another problem now.
My logic is to get file versions of files inside two directories and
compare them. I am trying to get filename and version as key, value pairs
in a directory. I have a function written which will provide me the file
version. I have file names in a list. I am not able to populate my
directory with filename and version. Code snippet looks something like this,

Filename_Version_dir={}

from filename in filename_version_list:
            # I want to populate my directory here with filename and
version given by the function get_file_version(filename)
           # I want something like
Filename_Version_dir.append(filename:get_file_version)

What is the best thing I can do here?

Thanks in advance,

./Aravind