[python-win32] Dispatch in multiple process?

Bob Fang bobfang1992 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:28:50 EST 2020

Hi,

I am using an application and I am using win32com.client.Dispatch to
connect to this application. After some experiments, I think that I often
see the following error when I try to call win32com.client.Dispatch at the
same time from two different processes at the same time. I need to be able
to run this COM application in parallel as I need to speed up the
calculation I am running. I am just wondering if I am calling the same COM
object in two different processes, should we hold a filelock so only one of
them will call the dispatch method at the same time?

The error I am getting is:

pywintypes.com_error: (-2146959355, 'Server execution failed', None, None)

Thanks!
Bob