[PYTHONMAC-SIG] ANNOUNCE: BBEdit extension to run python scripts
Just van Rossum
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:20:48 +0200
I've put together a very basic BBEdit extension, that sort of does what Joe
requested. If you're interested, I'll send the archive. I have no ftp
-- Here's the READ ME:
BBPython -- a BBEdit extension to make the Python interpreter exectute the
content of the current window.
- BBPython -- the extension
- PythonSlave.py -- the "slave" script that handles the AppleEvents
- source -- source code & CW9 project for the extension
- drop BBPuthon in BBEdit extensions folder
- double-click PythonSlave.py
- start BBEdit
- type some code
- go to Extensions menu: "Perform as Python"
- be happy
since PythonSlave.py runs its own event loop and we have no interface
to SIOUX you *cannot* copy from the console. Duh.
while PythonSlave.py is running you can still double-click Python
documents, they will get executed as if Python was not alreadu running.
Have fun with it!
And please report bugs, or fix 'em.
Just van Rossum, Letterror
PYTHONMAC-SIG - SIG on Python for the Apple Macintosh
send messages to: firstname.lastname@example.org
administrivia to: email@example.com