[Pythonmac-SIG] Gnuplot on Python2.2 under Mac OS 8.6

Aureli Soria Frisch Aureli.Soria_Frisch@ipk.fhg.de
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:37:08 +0100

Hi all,

I was using Python2.0 under Mac OS 8.6 and today I decided to update
(better late than never...)

I was trying to run Gnuplot.py as I did on Python 2.0 but something works
wrong.

When I try to import Gnuplot, the module is not found (although the
directory being declared in the PythonPrefs).

I have made the same modifications on the files of Gnuplot that I did in
order to get it run under Python2.0:

1. Adding to StdSuites:Required_Suite.py the methods: open, _print, quit,
run (as implemented in StdSuites:Standard_Suite)

2. In gp_mac changing
import Required_Suite
by
import StdSuites.Required_Suite

3. In gp_mac.py class _GNUPLOT declaration changing
Required_Suite.Required_Suite
by
StdSuites.Required_Suite.Required_Suite_Events

4. here in the __init__ method changing
aetools.TalkTo.__init__(self, 'GPSE', start=1)
by
aetools.TalkTo.__init__(self, '{GP}', start=1)

but still does not work. Can someone help me bringing Gnuplot to run?
Thanks in advance,
Aureli Soria-Frisch

Aureli Soria Frisch
Fraunhofer IPK
Dept. Pattern Recognition

post: Pascalstr. 8-9, 10587 Berlin, Germany
e-mail: aureli@ipk.fhg.de
fon: +49 30 39006-150
fax: +49 30 3917517
web: http://vision.fhg.de/~aureli/web-aureli_en.html