[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: PyOXIDE 0.3 - Cocoa based Python IDE

Glenn Andreas gandreas at delver.com
Sun Aug 10 12:42:47 EDT 2003

PyOXIDE has finally reached a "mostly full featured" state - there
are still bugs, and a few other rough edges, but this version fixes a
lot of problems with debugging, add breakpoint support, a re-written
module browser (that actually acts more like a browser), the ability
to run scripts externally, and the ability to profile modules, as
well as various bug fixes and the like.

PyOXIDE 0.3 is now freely available on my idisk (as PyOXIDE_0.3.dmg):
	http://homepage.mac.com/gandreas/

Hopefully 0.3 is stable enough and feature-rich enough to accomplish
anything that you could have done in the old IDE (and then some).

Unless there are major problems that require another release, the
plan is for 0.4 to add support for "projects", as well as (hopefully)
full Objective-C source (including the "IDE Kit"), and a few other
architectual changes, but that may take a bit, so I figured that this
would be a good point to get it out the door.

If there are any other features/capabilities that you'd like see,
please let me know.

Glenn Andreas                      gandreas at delver.com
Author of Macintosh games: Theldrow 2.3, Blobbo 1.0.2, Cythera 1.0.2
Be good, and you will be lonesome