[Pythonmac-SIG] How do you find the app that matches a creator type

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Feb 1 02:09:53 CET 2005

On Jan 31, 2005, at 19:07, has wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>
>>> p.s. I've submitted patches for Carbon.AE [1090958] and
>>> OSATerminology [1113328]; don't suppose you know if/when they'll
>>> make it into 2.4, and from there into your 2.3 retro-package?
>>
>> Unfortunately these patches need to be rewritten such that they
>> change the gensuitemodule scripts
>
> I think you mean bgen, yes?:) Don't suppose the patches could simply
> be applied to the existing C code now, and formal rewrites deferred
> until if/when the bgen scripts require other modifications? Or does it
> generate different C code for different Python versions/installations?

Yeah I mean bgen...  I'm confusing the evil code generators -- as I
said, it's been quite a long time since I've looked at this stuff
(sometime 2003).

It's technically possible to apply the patches to the existing C code
now.. but I think that Jack would sooner fix the bgen scripts than
apply a kludge to the C source.  Though, "sooner" might not be a good
word for it :)