[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Mac Guikits

Troy Rollins troy.rollins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:00:35 CET 2005

> I believe that PythonCard is attempting to become such an environment,
> and it is based on wxPython so it will be cross-platform like the other
> platforms you have significant experience with.  It sounds like it is
> coming along well, but I haven't played with it significantly.

I did take a look at PythonCard, and it does seem to be heading in a
good direction. FWIW, I made another run at PyOxide, and had a good
experience. It seems that it is hard-coded to wanting to live in your
applications folder. Once placed there it seemed to run fine,
including debugger, module browsers, etc. Doesn't help particularly
with GUI issues, but it does seem a quite nice editor and project
manager with good interactive features. I'll probably use it, and
PythonCard as my initial tools, until I have a better overall sense of
what I really need (which will probably turn out to be a text
editor!!)

--
Troy Rollins
RPSystems, Ltd.