[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac User Python Newbies

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Feb 14 18:53:57 CET 2005

Robert Kern wrote:

> It's called "Enthon." There will be a new release (for Windows and
> Linux) with more stuff, like matplotlib, Soon(TM).
>
> http://www.enthought.com/downloads/downloads.htm
>
> There will be a Mac release A Little Later Than Soon(TM).
>
> http://www.scipy.org/wikis/featurerequests/MacEnthon

Yeow!  Right on the money!  Just checked it out, it says:

Goal

To make a unifying distribution of Python packages useful to scientific
developers on the Mac OS X platform in the way that the Enthought
Edition of Python ("Enthon") does for Windows and (soon) Linux.

This is something I'd pay for.   I'll be following that development.
Best of luck and may the Python force be with you.

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora

Code 6362