[Pythonmac-SIG] what's the plural of "Emacs"?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Jun 16 00:20:28 CEST 2005

On Jun 15, 2005, at 5:38 PM, Charles Hartman wrote:

> I'd like to reintroduce myself to Emacs, so I went looking for "the
> Mac version". There seem to be at least two, maybe more, even just
> from Apple. Can anyone give me the thumbnail version of why I should
> get one or another?

Emacsen?

Apple only offers one emacs, the one that ships with Mac OS X, unless
you're just talking about listings on <http://apple.com/downloads/>?

I've heard that some people are happy with the Carbonized GNU Emacs
(I think it can be compiled from CVS, but there are various binaries
available), and Kevin Walzer is working on an AquaMacs <http://
www.wordtech-software.com/aquamacs.html> distribution, which I've
heard mixed things about.