[Pythonmac-SIG] OS X C API bug?

Gary Robinson grobinson at goombah.com
Tue Jun 28 15:29:05 CEST 2005

>>>  The attached file contains a c module with 4 versions of the same
>>>  extremely simple function. All they do is return a float double to
>>>  python. The zip also contains the setup.py to build it.
>>>

>>  Data point: fun3 gives me a bus error on Tiger with Python 2.4.1
>>  and gcc
>>  3.3.
>
> It works fine on Tiger with Python 2.4.1 and gcc 4.0
> .

So based on the evidence at hand, there is no reason to assume this is
an unfixed bug -- it looks to have been fixed with gcc 4.0.

So I guess I shouldn't file a bug report unless someone reproduces the
problem with gcc 4.0. If anyone has another opinion, please let me know.

Gary

--

Gary Robinson
CTO