[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Thu Apr 20 08:00:32 CEST 2006

On Apr 19, 2006, at 22:47, Jacob Rus wrote:

> Brendan Simons wrote:
>> I like it, but Aqua has tuned down a lot its glassiness in recent
>> years.   I would tone down the difference between highlights and
>> shadows
>> myself, but I'm not going to argue about it :)
>
> You're probably right, but make sure you look at the actual icon files
> (in the zip files I linked to earlier) as well as the png files.
> There
> are some icc profile mismatch issues here, which I always seem to run
> into with png files (and it previews differently in Camino and Safari,
> for instance).  The actual version may be duller than the preview
> you're
> seeing.  Maybe I should post a screenshot instead of saving from
> photoshop.

Jacob,
I think your 'glassiness' is understated and fine. I never meant the
extreme of the original colored iMac look.
I think it adds a nice 3-D look especially in the smaller sizes and
is under-stated enough to fit the Apple look of today with a little
of a yellow and blue color Apple doesn't use. Could it be turned down
a bit? Yeah I suppose. But there is a time to tweak and a time to
move on when the diminishing returns of tweaking are vanishingly
small and we can ignore subsequent terms in the series (flash-back to
advanced engineering math ;-). Guess what time I think it is IMHO?

Daniel