[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Fri Apr 21 21:36:34 CEST 2006

On Apr 21, 2006, at 12:12, Christopher Barker wrote:

>> Yeah, the way to do it is editing the app's Info.plist, and adding
>> the
>> icon to my.app/Contents/Resources.
>
> But wouldn't that make all BBedit associated files get the Python
> icon?

Yes, I believe it would and, further, one would have to keep
'hacking' it with every update. I just 'right-click' on files and
choose my application to open them. As I said it is inconvenient, but
it is still better than Windows ;-) BTW I am working on a telepathic
Services Menu Component and Finder injection component that will just
_know_ which application you want associated with a given file  each
time you view it in the Finder but its been slow going any
volunteers ;-)

Daniel