[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 23 23:30:23 CEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 04:36:26PM -0400, Jacob Rus wrote:
> has wrote:
> > I could draw up a grinder or something in Illustrator, but it probably won't be for some days. If you can find something sooner, that's cool, otherwise let me know middle of next week and I'll see what I can do.
> Okay, this is kind of goofy, but might work.  The second image is the
> "drop" state.  Check out the zip to see it in action.
>
> PNG: http://hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/python/py-grinder.png
> ZIP: http://hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/python/py-grinder.zip

Nice looking, but unrecognizable and impractical at small sizes.  Even
at full size, I had to stare at it for a few seconds before I
recongized what it was trying to depict.  The dropping action at a
small size (say 32x32) looks like something kicking out, rather than a
handle turning.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>