[Pythonmac-SIG] How to fetch iCal todo description?

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Sun Feb 12 08:49:05 CET 2006

skip wrote:

>I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get the notes for a todo.  If I create
>a todo via iCal and add a note to it, I don't see any property of the todo
>instance that contains that note.  The HTMLDictionary output doesn't list
>"description" or "note" as one of the properties of a todo item, yet it's
>clearly there in iCal.

It's definitely there in 10.3 and 10.4, even if they have bodged up the dictionary a bit in 10.4.

todo -- This class represents a task.
	Parent:
		(Bad terminology: can't find class with AE code '****'.)
	Properties:
		completion_date DateTime -- The todo completion date.
		due_date DateTime -- The todo due date.
		priority k.no_priority | k.low_priority | k.medium_priority | k.high_priority -- The todo priority.
		sequence (r/o) Integer -- The todo version.
		stamp_date (r/o) DateTime -- The todo modification date.
		summary Unicode -- This is the todo summary.
		description Unicode -- The todo notes. *****************
		uid (r/o) Unicode -- A unique todo key.
		url Unicode -- The URL associated to the todo.
	Elements:
		display_alarms --
		mail_alarms --
		open_file_alarms --
		sound_alarms --

Try:

ical = app('iCal')
ical.calendars[1].todos.end.make(new=k.todo, with_properties={k.description:'hello world'})
print ical.calendars[1].todos[-1].description()

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/