[Pythonmac-SIG] easygui

adam naples adam.naples at yale.edu
Fri Oct 5 20:45:35 CEST 2007

I've had some occasions to fight with getting audio working like I
want in visionegg and had no problems beyond the normal 'nothing-
working-like-you-expect-the-first-time'.

I've been using it for presenting stimuli for eye-tracking and
sentence comprehension, and I just make sure all my stimuli are aiff
or wav. Really it's been much less bug prone than my experiences with
director, e-prime and psyscope. If you need to present video it's a
little more of a hassle, but not so much.

What problems were you having with visionegg and audio? I'm happy to
help if i can.
-a

On Oct 4, 2007, at 6:57 PM, David Worrall wrote:

> Hi Rafael,
>
> Not a comprhensive list by any means, but here are a couple of my
> links:
>
> http://www.psychopy.org/
>
> you may find this useful:
>   http://psy.ck.sissa.it/OtherStuff/OtherStuff.html
>
> also pythoncard has lots of examples which might get you into a
> ballpark:
> http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/
>
> the wxpython community may have some other references.
>
> You'll notice that the visonary egg producers have chickened out of
> audio. :-)
>
> I've yet to find a satisfactory Mac/psych testing package that deals
> with audio well.
> (such that you can play audio and have people answer questions
> about it.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions in this regard?
>

> On 05/10/2007, at 4:51 AM, Rafael Bejarano wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I'll definitely give it a try.
>>
>> Rafael
>> On Oct 4, 2007, at 12:46 PM, adam naples wrote:
>>
>>> I would suggest
>>> visionegg
>>> www.visionegg.org
>>> perfect for experimental psychology experiments, at least mine, and
>>> installs nicely on the mac with some gui demos.
>>> All python, and cross platform.
>>> there is also psychopy, which looks similar to visionegg, but I've
>>> not had the need to try it.
>>> hope this helps
>>> -a
> experimental polymedia:	www.avatar.com.au
> Sonic Communications Research Group,
> University of Canberra:	creative.canberra.edu.au/scrg

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify
the sender immediately with a copy to hipaa.security at yale.edu and
destroy this message.

Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in
transmission or misdirected. Your use of email to communicate
protected health information to us indicates that you acknowledge and
accept the possible risks associated with such communication. Please
consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone, fax or
mail. If you do not wish to have your information sent by email,
please contact the sender immediately.