[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app 0.4.2 recipe errors

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat Jan 12 18:30:08 CET 2008

On 11 Jan, 2008, at 18:57, Edward Hartley wrote:

>>> ]
> I now get these errors after doing an svn checkout
>
> 	svn co http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/
> 	python setup.py install
>
> 	Installed /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
> python2.5/site-packages/py2app-0.4.2-py2.5.egg
> 	Processing dependencies for py2app==0.4.2
> 	Searching for modulegraph>=0.7.2
> 	Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/modulegraph/
> 	Reading http://undefined.org/python/#modulegraph
> 	No local packages or download links found for modulegraph>=0.7.2
> 	error: Could not find suitable distribution for
> Requirement.parse('modulegraph>=0.7.2')
>
> Installing modulegraph 0.7.2 from svn turnk and setuptools from svn
> trunk does not sort this out.
> Are there any suggestions.
> Regards
> Ed

Installing modulegraph from subversion is indeed the right solution.
The current trunk of py2app requires the trunk for modulegraph because
of a new feature in both packages: there is now limited support for
zipped egg files. That is, py2app can now copy code from zipped egg
files into application bundles.

This is "limited" support because py2app still does not  really
support egg files as a seperate entity, causing code that makes use of
egg features like entrypoints or explict dependencies to fail at
runtime. I'd love to see support for this in py2app but have no idea
when I'll be able to work on such a feature.

Ronald