EuroSciPy sprint

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Mon Aug 13 22:52:20 EDT 2012

Hi Jeff

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM, jeff witz <witzjean at gmail.com> wrote:
> May one or two examples of Image Registration could be a good idea ?

We don't currently have any image registration implemented.  With the
new geometric transforms merged, we can easily do feature based
registration, but dense registration is not covered.  I am very
interested in having this capability in skimage, and there has been
some work along those lines with Nathan Faggian in

https://github.com/pyimreg/imreg

If we can find a volunteer to do the work, I'd gladly help to guide the effort.