[SciPy-user] SciPy 2003 Parking?

Chad Netzer cnetzer at sonic.net
Mon Sep 8 20:36:59 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 03:33, ChuckEsterbrook at yahoo.com wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what SciPy 2003 parking is going to be like? The CalTech site has a parking form, but I don't know if I'm supposed to get back a sticker or what...
>
> Do I just snail mail them the form here?
> http://atc.caltech.edu/CIT_parking/visit_reg.pdf

I looked at those forms long and hard.  It seems that only Campus
personnel can request visitor passes. If you don't have a contact there,
it seems you are out of luck.

This is a confusing issue, since the SciPy conference page implies there
is ample parking (by pointing out the parking structures), but going to
the CalTech pages they are adamant about NOT allowing parking without
being a special permit.  See here:

http://atc.caltech.edu/CIT_Parking/home.htm

"Welcome to the Caltech Parking Office home page. Commencing October 8,
2001 all vehicles utilizing Caltech parking facilities must be
registered and display a Caltech parking placard."

If anyone who is in the know can clear this up, it would be nice, even
at this late date; ie. whether there WILL or WILL NOT be parking
available at the parking areas indicated at the following link:

http://www.scipy.org/site_content/scipy03/images/caltech_map_scipy.gif

My plan, otherwise, is to park at my hotel, and get a cab or public
transport to the campus.  Campus parking officers are usually quite
"efficient".

--
Chad Netzer