[SciPy-user] SciPy Ubuntu Dapper installation using Andrew Straw's packages

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Wed Oct 11 11:02:09 EDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 09:55:43AM -0500, Ryan Krauss wrote:
> I have a dumb apt question.  I have added
> deb http://debs.astraw.com/ dapper/
> deb-src http://debs.astraw.com/ dapper/

> to my sources.list.  What at the names of the actual packages I need to install?

Did you update your packages. Searching for numpy with updated package
list gives:

python-numeric-tutorial - Tutorial for the Numerical Python Library
python-scientific - Python modules useful for scientific computing
python-numarray - An array processing package modelled after Python-Numeric
python-numeric - Numerical (matrix-oriented) Mathematics for Python
python-scientific-doc - Python modules useful for scientific computing
python2.4-numarray - An array processing package modelled after Python-Numeric
python2.4-numeric - Numerical (matrix-oriented) Mathematics for Python
python-numpy - NumPy: array processing for numbers, strings, records,...

I suggest you first remove all the matlplotib and scipy packages, then
install python-matplotlib, python-numpy and python-scipy.

Gaël