[SciPy-user] Can't run IPython from SuperPack. ??

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Oct 13 14:26:11 EDT 2006

I installed the full SuperPack from SciPy.  Things seem to work well for
pylab and scipy, but I want to use pylab/matplotlib in interactive
mode.  The current wisdom is to do that in IPython.  The superpack
intalled IPython down in /Lib/Framework/python...blah, blah/site-packages/.

But typing ipython, IPython or any variations in the Terminal does
nothing.  I don't see ipython in /bin  /usr/local/bin or other places I
find python or pythonw executables.

Any idea what I have to do to get up and running with IPython?

MacOS X 10.4 on PPC laptop, python2.4, latest SciPy, Pylab and Matplotlib.

Thanks for any help.

By the way.   My congratulations and endorsement to all who put together
the SuperPack and its contents.  That's the way to do it for us python
users.  Almost one-stop shopping.  Very nicely done.

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora

Code 6362