[SciPy-user] Shape Problem

Sam frizou excellent.frizou at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 10:53:44 EDT 2006

Actually, my matrix M comes from a ndarray N:

M=asmatrix(N)

So, M is not a numpy.matrix object (for which I do not have this shape
problem), but a numpy.core.defmatrix.matrix object (for wich I have
the shape problem).

Maybe there exists a way to really cast a ndarray into a numpy.matrix object ?

Thanks

On 10/18/06, Louis Pecora <pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
> Sam frizou wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use a matrix M of shape (20,25).
> >
> > If I do N=M[18:,18:] I correctly obtain the submatrix of M of shape (2,7).
> >
> > Now, if I do N=M[19:,19:], I expect to have the submatrix of M of
> > shape (1,6) but the shape of N is (6,1).
> > Is there any way to obtain the correct shape in any case ?
> >
> > Thank you very much for your help.
> >
> > Sam
> >

> I just tried this (MacOS X 10.4, Python 2.4, NumPy) and got the right
> answer (1,6).  What modules are you using?  Might need an upgrade there.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Lou Pecora
>
> Code 6362
> Naval Research Lab
> Washington, DC  20375
> USA
> Ph:  +202-767-6002
> email:  pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil

On obtient beaucoup plus avec un mot gentil et une arme qu'avec
seulement un mot gentil - "Al Capone".