[SciPy-User] How to create multi-page tiff files with python tools?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:24:45 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Sebastian Haase <seb.haase at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a working solution for this based on PIL.
> You can either refer to the PIL archive and look for my submitted patch
> and/or
> download my Priithon package (a python "all inclusive" package geared
> to image analysis) that includes the patched PIL (1.1.6) and look in
> useful.py for
> saveImg() ( saves 3D and 4D arrays into) multipage tif
> or
> saveImg_8()
> or
> saveTiffMultipage
> or
> saveTiffMultipageFromSeq

Hi Sebastian, this is very useful functionality for me as well.

The question I have is if your patched PIL includes fixes for 16-bit images.
Right now I'm using a patched PIL kindly provided to me by Zachary Pincus
that fixes 16-bit issues. I saw that some improvements for 16-bit were
included in PIL trunk but not his patches. Your patch is included it seems,
so I could also run PIL trunk if someone can confirm that 16-bit TIF images
work. I'd prefer Priithon though because then I could stop asking my users
to compile PIL themselves...

Thanks,
Ralf