[SciPy-User] numpy.squeeze not squeezing

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:21:26 EDT 2009

2009/9/30 Bruce Ford <bruce at clearscienceinc.com>:
> print type(swh1)  #gave <type 'numpy.ndarray'>
>
> print type(swh)  #gave <type 'netCDF4.Variable'>

Ah, yes. The latter is what I meant.

Yup, my diagnosis is correct. np.squeeze() is interpreting swh as a
scalar (or rank 0 array) with dtype=object rather than an array. You
will have to get a real ndarray from the Variable. I am not familiar
with the netcdf4 API, so you will have to refer to its documentation
on how to do that. It won't be as simple as np.asarray(swh), I am
afraid.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."