[SciPy-User] Cannot use scipy into new clean install of visual studio / ironpython

kpr0001 at comcast.net kpr0001 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 12:44:50 EDT 2011

Hello, I have a new install of Visual studio 2010, into which I just updated the python tools and iron python's latest release (as of 7/15/2011). I downloaded numpy and scipy, modified the path, and followed all of the troubleshooting instructions on your site, stackoverflow, and enthought.com. The libraries appear in the correct place now, but when I type "import python" it throws errors.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\multiarray.py", line 0, in <module>

SystemError: The type initializer for 'NumpyDotNet.NpyCoreApi' threw an exception.

exceptions.SystemError

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\multiarray.py", line 0, in <module>

SystemError: The type initializer for 'NumpyDotNet.NpyCoreApi' threw an exception.

System info is

Microsofr .NET framework
Version 4.0.30319 RTMRel

running under
Windows 7

I am out of ideas. Help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Karen