[Spambayes] How to combine databases from multiple users?

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Thu Apr 1 13:16:36 EST 2004

[Khoa Pham]
>My question is is it possible to combine individual
>user databases into one so I can imported into ASSP
>to use on the server?

Actually, ASSP stores whole messages in text files for training, and
automatically rebuilds its databases nightly from those files.

So it would be best to simply export whole messages from each user's
Outlook into RFC-2821 format files. This isn't easy because outlook can
only export whole messages into PST format. There are ways to convert
PST files into a collection of standard RFC-2821 mail text files, see
here for one:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2002100306134721

Once you have standard-format copies of all the spam/ham messages from a
bunch of users, you can put them into ASSP's spam and ham folders, and
use ASSP's "renumber" tool and "rebuild database" tools.

Another option is simply training ASSP from scratch. During my tests it
learned very quickly, and you can eliminate errors caused by lazy users
who don't properly categorize all their spam.

Regards,
	Ryan