[Spambayes] Shelve database corruption?
Lars Marius Garshol
larsga at ontopia.net
Thu Jun 3 06:16:43 EDT 2004
* Skip Montanaro
| I've applied that patch and a couple others. I got sb_dbexpimp.py
| to work with Python 2.2, though the resulting .csv files produced by
| Python 2.2 and CVS aren't quite identical, flubbing slightly when
| the encoding isn't utf-8. Still, it does complete.
| Can you apply the attached context diff to your Spambayes sandbox
| and see if it helps? If so we can begin to think about solving the
| Unicode decoding problems (maybe by just blindly trying a few more
| more encodings).
I installed Python 2.3 and got things to work with that. I've been way
too busy to even think of trying this out since. Sorry. (Making use of
a wasted meeting to answer these emails.)
Conclusion on the corruption: hammie.db was ok, messageinfo.db was
broken. I could export hammie.db, but not messageinfo.db. Solved the
problem by deleting messageinfo.db and starting from scratch with a
So apparently Tim was right that there is no cure for database
Lars Marius Garshol, Ontopian <URL: http://www.ontopia.net >
GSM: +47 98 21 55 50 <URL: http://www.garshol.priv.no >
More information about the Spambayes