[Spambayes] Msg for Tony about earlier problems.
robert at imagine.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 14:55:30 CET 2004
After messing around with your latest patches for the
pop3proxy_server.py I wasn't getting anywhere; some of the time things
worked, some of the time they didn't - with no clear indication of why
things were so variable.
In some desperation I uninstalled everything, cleaned the Windows 2003
registry to remove all references to Python and Spambayes, and all
instances of the service. I then deleted all the old files [cache DB
etc] and rebooted the server. I then did a clean install of Python
2.3.3 with the latest matching Pywin [these are the same versions
previously installed], and rebooted the server again. I then did some
careful analysis of the local environment to be sure that Python and
PyWin were working OK - which they were.
At that point I installed the current Spambayes release 1 source
version [not the latest CVS version], and then copied across your
patched version of pop3proxy_server.py and installed it.
Hey presto: all is now working fine.
So far it's been running for just over a week and the only real issue I
have isn't with SB itself it's with configuring the AV not to touch the
SB cache, where there are [as one might expect] a lot of infected items
which never make it into our mail system thanks to pre-processing of SB
I /think/ that's cracked the problem. Many thanks for your patience and
the time spent on debugging.
All the best,
More information about the Spambayes