[Spambayes] Unwanted stock solicitations

Vibe Grevsen grevsen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 23:12:03 CEST 2006

Hi there,

>    Vibe> ... I do think that
>    Vibe> having to install three separate applications will frighten some
>    Vibe> windows-users, but okay...
>
> ... Note also that
> installing PIL on Windows is no different than installing SpamBayes or
> Python.  Just double-click the installer's icon.

I know, but in the beginning I did only use the SB exe. Only recently I
did install the CygWin, Python, PIL etc. to see what it was like.

Fact is I chose SpamBayes over other filters because a compiled exe was
available. If it was only available as interpreted py sources I probably wouldn't
have jumped in. Of course now I know how great it is ;)

Actually I think useability is often overlooked by you wizards ;) I really wanted to
install and compile with MinGW but I had to give up... couldn't figure out which of the
ten or so different packages I had to download and how to use them...

>    Vibe> GNU Ocrad version 0.14
> Okay, I'll have to presume Tony built with 0.14 sources.  Tony?

I just discovered v. 0.16 sources at the ocrad site. Being my first CygWin
experience I couldn't make the -nmo-cygwin switch work so I compiled one
with the POSIX (?) emulation dll.

I put it here for download. It will stay online until thursday.

www.unlockaarhus.dk/dev/cygwin1.zip
www.unlockaarhus.dk/dev/ocrad.zip

Maybe some one could post it to the CVS if you find it appropriate?
To use it download both files and extract in same folder.

There is not much difference in the ocr output, but this version did not have
any problem opening the pnm-files I tried.

(I saw you mention elsewhere that this may have to do with POSIX / Win32
differences so maybe the dll is the reason this one works?)

--
Best regards

Vibe