[Tkinter-discuss] Re: Bug in tkFileDialog askdirectory method?

Stewart Midwinter stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 16:45:26 CET 2005

err, yes, you are getting further than I am.  You may have a newer
build of 2.4 than I do.

I got a note from Fredrik Lundh suggesting I file a bug report on this
to the python-bugs project on Sourceforge. When I arrived there, I
found that someone else had already posted a report for the same bug,
and that a patched version has already been created.   The bug is that
the askdirectory method is returning a path object, but a string is
required, so the transformation step is missing from the method.
Knowing this, I can probably patch my own copy of the module.

cheers,
--
Stewart Midwinter
stewart at midwinter.ca