[Tkinter-discuss] Redefine quit menu item on Mac to quit from a Twisted/Tkinter application?

Russell E. Owen rowen at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 7 21:25:19 CEST 2009

Anyone know how to redefine what the File>Quit menu item does on MacOS X
using Aqua Tcl/Tk?

I am trying to convert a cross-platform application to use Twisted, and
unfortunately this seems to make the pre-existing Quit menu item on
MacOS X do *nothing*. I can't quit the application without using ctrl-C
or closing the root window (not an option for this application).

I have tried to configure that menu item, but tk does not seem to know
that it exists (the index of the last menu item is too small).

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

-- Russell

P.S. configuration:
MacOS X 10.5.6